SAO Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cancellations....But Not Today!

It was hard to make the call to cancel, so I didn't. With all the determination of this father/son duo and a birthday, the day had to go on. Despite all the rain the region has received that has most of the known world running high and muddy, we headed out....and achieved the objective!

The birthday boy lands his first Steelhead!

Father and son share a moment they will treasure forever

Dad follows suit with a dropback hen of his own

....and bonus brown trout.

Thanks to the guys today for working hard and for getting fish. I guarantee it was as rewarding for me as it was for you.

Tight Lines,

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Head Guide
Steelhead Alley Outfitters

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the old man in the photos and have to say that Patrick made our day. Between snags, lost flies and knots, he worked the water more than we did. What I wanted most for my son, was for him to catch a steelhead on a fly rod for his 16th birthday. Thanks to Patrick...he did! Beautiful.