SAO Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

I am always amazed by the reverence one can find while spending a day on the water. Solitude in your mind is literally an eye shot away. Clear skies, fresh air and desire reveal a world that we often take for granted. I see more than just fish in a river, shear cliffs, shale beds or endless piles of river rock.  I often get to witness a moment in time when all of the elements blend together and create an almost magical pause. A pause, I wonder, if others see or feel when my eyes view them at the helm of the beautiful landscape before them. Smiles often tell the story well beyond what a mere fish in hand can say. I was here and life it seems paused today! To Meredith and Chester.............. Thank You!

Meredith and Chester taking advantage of a photo op!
24 degrees and sun still = ice!
This one had Chet moving down river in a race to the lake
One happy angler
Meredith with his Warrior Buck taken on the swing with one of Senyo's Gansta Minnows
And the release...

There is still time to get out on the water and take advantage of the spring run before it comes to a close. Keep in mind that smallmouth fishing opportunities will be upon us soon so give us a call!

Until next time............
Tim Hess
Flyfishing guide/Landowner liaison
Steelhead Alley Outfitters

2 comments:

Jon Whiting said...

Nice post. I agree whole-heartedly, fishing is far more than just catching fish, at least for me anyway. It is an escape from the day to day grind. It strengthens bonds and builds respect with others. But most of all it is just a peaceful way to spend a day alone or with friends...
Beautiful fish by the way.

tim hess said...

Thanks Jon. I try to capture what I am feeling while out there and share it in a way that others may understand.