SAO Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jet Lagged Confessions - Alaska Style - Part 1

 Just a few short days ago, I returned from one of my favorite places on earth...that being the great state of Alaska.  My first confession has to be that I absolutely love that place.  I think I could spend the rest of my days traveling to that place and always find something new to do.  This was my third trip hosting anglers to this majestic place and yet again, I found plenty of new adventure in this awesome place.  For many others it was all brand new and so were some of the smiles!  Here are a few of the big Alaska Rainbows caught on the Naknek River.

Bill Lewis and guide Kyle show off a decent Rainbow on the Naknek

Jim Barger and guide Wes show off the big Bow of day one at Naknek River Camp

Leif Birnbaum holds a healthy Naknek Rainbow....one of many!

Host and SAO guide Ben Barger shows off what would be
considered an average size trophy fish for the fall fishery on the Naknek River.

Ken Fugate holds a slob of a Bow on the the mighty Naknek

My second confession is that I have been sitting on a lot of great film from our trip to Alaska last year.  I have been sitting on it because we had thoughts of putting something in the Fly Fishing Film Tour for the coming year, but sometimes the best of plans just need to wait for another season.  That being the case, I thought now would be as good a time as any to start breaking down some of the footage and sharing it with all of you.  So, here is the trailer we put together for the film that we shot last year entitled Tight Lines & Tundra.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it!


Until my next confession, tight lines!

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Head Guide
Steelhead Alley Outfitters

No comments: