SAO Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dreaming of that Past Day!

Have you ever had one of those trips that was so awesome....moving....so memorable that you find yourself longing for another shot at it.  Well, the Sierra Nevada's is one of those areas.  The fish are unbelievably beautiful!  The scenery will take your breath away!  For an adventurous fly angler, this high country experience is a must have!

I have been fortunate enough to  have been drawn to the region three times now.....yes, three times....and every trip is a very memorable time in God's creation with friends, flies, and fish.


JOHN BOWLING THROWS A TIGHT LOOP
TO WAITING GOLDEN'S

UNBELIEVABLE SCENERY IS AROUND EVERY TURN

SAO GUIDE BEN BARGER FISHES THE SAN JOAQUIN
WHILE JOHN BOWLING FILMS FROM THE OPPOSITE BANK

BEN BARGER FISHES UP THROUGH THE CANYON

Two years ago, we shot a lot of film while on the trail and from it came my true desire to shoot and edit films.  Upon arriving home, I began work on my new series that I entitled, "The Adventures of Flybum."  So, after many, many hours of learning how to be a better editor and finding out what shots I "should have" gotten, I finished a less than perfect volume one.  At nearly an hour in length, it was the first large scale project I had ever attempted.  It has now been shown at many fly shops across the region as we have done fly tying demos or while speaking on the greatness of the Steelhead Alley region.

That first volume is entitled "A Journey to Evolution Valley" and will always be near and dear to my heart.  Not only was it my first punch into truly high elevations, but it was my first film.

Here is a much shorter film that I reworked from footage contained in that first volume completed more than a year ago.  I hope you enjoy it...


Until next time, tight lines and good shooting!

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Head Guide
Steelhead Alley Outfitters

No comments: