SAO Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Orvis Fly-Tyer of the Year Announced

First of all, let me preface this entry with this....Greg Senyo has no idea I am making this post and probably would wish I hadn't, but he will get over it :)  And don't even think about deleting it when you read it either Greg!

On behalf of the family at Steelhead Alley Outfitters, I am going to take a few minutes here to brag on our fearless leader....trust me, he deserves it!

Below is a photo of a very cool announcement that came out in recent weeks in the Orvis news.  If you look closely at the middle of the photo, you will notice that it says, "Greg Senyo Named 2008 Orvis Fly-Tyer of the Year."

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

From all of us on your team Greg, we want to say congratulations!

(Click to Enlarge)

One of Greg's new designs to hit the market lately is a dynamic caddis pattern called the wiggle caddis.  Many have used them in recent months and found that it is one heck of a piece of innovation.  That's the thing about Greg.....he isn't just a fly-tyer....he is an innovative fly-tyer!  I am always amazed at how his mind works when he sits down at a vice.  Obviously there are others who think the same thing.

The photo below is on that new Senyo pattern......try them on trout, try them on steelhead....you will be presently surprised!

Below are a few more examples of some of Greg's flies that have been sold all over the country and beyond.  If you haven't fished these, trust me and others.....you should!  They are deadly.


Senyo Sculpins

Wiggle Stone

Steak n' Eggs

Once again, I promise you that Greg would not want this kind of attention, but I personally think he deserves the congrats for such an awesome achievement!  

So, Greg, if you are reading this, way to go.....many years of work have paid off.  Not to many people can say they have achieved what you now have!  

Now, give me some flies would ya :)  I want to go fishing!

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Head Guide
Steelhead Alley Outfitters


No comments: