SAO Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flybum Media Productions Formalizes

Several years ago, I became a bit enamored with video, the editing of video, and the overall coolness of being able to take a camera and tell a good story.  Over the past decade or so, I have been dabbling in the video production arena.  Years ago, I got my first "handycam" and began taking it on stream with me across the state.  Soon the camera would take trips around the country with me.  Soon thereafter, the "Adventures of Flybum" series was born....more for my enjoyment than others.

Well, there comes a point in every man's life where you have to make a decision.  Are you going to play or work.  In my case, I decided to work hard at playing :)  The choice I made was to take the play side a bit further and see if I could once again take something I love and share it while bringing in some extra cash.....can you blame me?

So, just a few weeks ago, the company became official.  No longer is Flybum Media Productions just a title thrown around in conversation and shown on my laptops screen, but it is now a legal entity that will be working it's way to a top notch film company in the months ahead.

Recently a new broadcast quality HD camera was acquired as well as many other pieces of equipment that will raise the standard of the video work we do.  


You can look forward to future productions such as "The Adventures of Flybum" series, tutorial videos on fly tying and fly fishing instruction, and assorted other things as time and ingenuity meet.  

Until then, enjoy this short clip I just put together from some standard definition footage we shot a month or so back while on a trip.  The video is called "The Retreat" and highlights the Brook Trout Retreat that Greg Senyo operates in the great neighboring state of Pennsylvania.  If you haven't had a chance to check this place out, you will want to do so!



I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do putting them together!

The trout season is cranking now, so you will want to get out while you can.  The magic hatches are putting smiles on faces daily across the east and midwest!  We will be back soon with more short films for your entertainment.

Until next time,

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Owner/Operator
Flybum Media Productions

No comments: